We had the courtesy of helping restore this Dylan & Baez poster, an original print from 1965!
Album Cover Poster
Winter Tour 2013
Always excited to see a new Lucius poster come our way. Consistently beautiful designs and often a technical challenge to pull off but well worth it for an exceptionally talented Brooklyn Band.
Ben's wayfarer prints and pillowcases are back and available here.
We're in the heart of some cold grey days but had these recent bright prints to help compensate.
Cover stock for Topos, print on French Paper Smart White 110#. Split fountain, rainbow roll, custom blend, whatever you call it. It's not the end of the world after all (evidently).
Rockaway Beach surf prints designed by Joeseph Pfeifer and part of a fundraiser for Sandy relief.
An experiment with a 4-color process poster, (3 colors really). Evidently I picked a nearly impossible image for this one since it's just a shadowy thing I made in illustrator. Even though it came out crappy I learned a lot of 'what-not-to-dos'. I was actually trying to flash in between colors, which is an example of my brain being in t-shirt mode. I was also using 110 mesh which is way too low to hold this much detail and the screens weren't set up perfectly. i have another process print experiment in the works so no worries.
I guess technically this door doesn't 'pocket' but I don't know what else to call it... A 'sliding door' is what you use to get to the backyard.
Anyway, Lidia Stonemate Alessandro of Make Design wanted to print this enormous bathroom door for a client's apartment renovation. We vectorized these reedy things which I think are goldenrod and after a couple tests (see the bottom of the gallery page) decided on a really subtle silver on white print. We picked the 5000 pound door up at San's shop in Third Ward and the thing barely fit in Buck. We were nearly crushed to death but we got it here. The printing went pretty smoothly, which almost never happens, and after a few color tests we had it finished and ready for the trip back for a final protective clearcoat.
Since we had a huge screen sitting around we made my darkroom door into a pink evil twin. It weighs about 5 pounds.
and here are some final photos of the finished project which i think is really impressive. Ian and Alessandro did a beautiful job and i like how it came out sophisticated and unique but still kind of punk. These photos were taken by the clients, Joel Barhamand and Ashley Macknica, who live in the apartment so kudos on a great job photographing your own place. (they are both pros, btw)
this was actually one of those rare occasions when everything goes according to plan and makes you want to print more stuff like that. i think kitchen cabinets would be a good candidate and maybe some kind of a decorative paneling system. i can also print fleas on your sofa.
On sale now, this custom one-of-a-kind, 4-sided all-over print.. Only $630.
Do not wear shirt. May cause rash.
Not really sure why I made this but I needed to use up some left over Formusol and I'm always trying to squeeze detail out of processes that don't cooperate. The images of this fire were very 'affecting'. I put that in quotes. The whole building was just exploding in this spectacular fireball and the combination of Koolhaas and destructikation had something inevitable / irresistible to it. I hope Rem casts the charred remains in clear concrete.
The film took some hacking up as you can see but I had to work with my limitations on this one to not make the seams ruin it. It came out better with the seams.